rise to the occasion


i was seriously considering making a lemon meringue pie, but i felt a little conscious of making soft meringue. i turned to cannelés de bordeaux instead, for which i altered the recipe slightly. i came up with too runny a batter, and thought, this will not do in the oven. these may bake into pastilles perhaps, but not the little snacks they are supposed to rise to. now, in the end, they taste good, they remind me of the tiny dutch pancakes called poffertjes. there is a distinct egg-milk-flour whiff in the air, so i can honestly state this is a fancy, rhummy way of having your pancakes. i used a floured flexible ‘nipple’ mould for the occasion. you do need a small partitions mould, in which you can then pour the liquid. (recipe/recept)

7 comments :

  1. Het water loopt in mijn mond....zucht

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please fly over to my house tomorrow morning and cook me breakfast??? : ) I'll make the hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so delicous...I made sourdough pancakes this morning with fresh rasberrys and whip cream but yours would be so fun to make for men as a change from pancakes are they easy to make for a large group or no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrumptious! My orchard is laden with citrus at the moment and I was was going to try and make some marmalades and curds. I think I will have a go at your recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'ld like to taste ! They look like French "choux à la crème" ! Yum yum !

    ;)

    http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_choux-a-la-creme_15521.aspx

    ReplyDelete