data on the wall{s} ☻

brussels' marollen wall graffiti
have you noticed to what extent 'free' providers, such as facebook and instagram, have evolved to services at a pricetag called aggravation? granted they are free, and me too, i've loved using them. 

brussels' marollen wall graffiti
and it doesn't pay off ignoring and enduring the apparant necessity of ads either. by turning to the computer rather than my phone, i've been able to bypass some. i'm sure you know the ways yourselves. 

brussels' marollen wall graffiti
but what throws me most is FB's (and therefore IG's) algorithm picking order. i have 'lost' too many favourites in a computing system which serves the supplier, not the user. and if i don't consume, i am nothing. 

brussels' marollen wall graffiti
that's the long and short of it. i've been researching ways around it, but it's like fighting the devil. on growing an artful business, i have to admit my timing sucks and i find myself right at the heart of blatant commerce. 

brussels' marollen wall graffiti
it isn't really new, but holding the user's freedom to views on a leash and eliminating his/her ability to choose pushes us into that big brother mode we never, not ever favoured. we have now become absolute data. ☻

i am wishing you a beautiful week ahead, nonetheless. ♥

1 comment :

  1. What drives me even more crazy is the endless ads in my email box. You know I almos rather pay a small fee each moth to keep them out than contastly having to delete them even after reporing them as spam. It takes ups so much of my day. I wouldn't even mind one ad a week but multiple ads from the same comany in one day is just too much.

    ReplyDelete