corner view ≈ organic form

german-austrian-american scientist karl bühler established the aha!-erlebnis in 1907. it is a squeal, no doubt by every single one of us, uttered at some stage in our lives. to me it came just the other day, as i observed myself doodling a non defined shape on a blank page in a new diary. with a little shock i realized that throughout my life, i had always been extremely drawn to squares. the sketchbook experience however, allowed free form to enter my everyday. that which i didn't always take kindly to, now felt quite comfortable. in order words, i had welcomed organic form. what had changed, i wondered?

old school, but soon to be further explored?
intrigued, i look up some of bühler’s backgrounds, for i’m fishing for a clue. i stumble upon an acoustic instrument used by the scientist in his experiments in the clover field of language sciences. he calls the instrument an organon. does it ring a bell? actually, it could ring many, for organon, orgonon, orgone, orgasm even all carry interesting connotations in scientific and philosophical areas. let the lady in the video at least guide you back to your subconscience.



the bespoke orgonon (relating to A BOOK OF DREAMS, written by peter reich, son to 1950's psycho-analyst wilhelm, who managed to get himself dramatically arrested over supposedly rainmaking machinery, which then prompted kate bush to write her hit song cloudbusting, all while depicting the original story into her videoclip) steals a second aha! from me. insight, magic and intention all roll into one. is it any wonder i feel a truely contented organic form by it?☻
truthfully, it was at this very point i contacted theresa, host for jane's weekly corner view. the rest is history. [if you haven't already, then do enter the organic form GIVEAWAY. most welcome!]

19 comments :

  1. I love your organic approach, makes me want to doodle:)
    Also love the Kate Bush video, hadn't known the story but know and love the song,thanks for the share and this theme!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you approach to the theme too. Thanks. Oh, I'm also a fan of Kate Bush, just read in the news this morning that a rumour says she is going to release some music this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, quite interesting posting about organic forms! I guess I've learned something new... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I understand! What a post my friend! And a topic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story, Nadine. Brings a whole new level to "organic"! And oh, how I love Kate Bush...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK now I see where your inspiration came from. very cool indeed.
    thanks for making me think outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah... yes now I see too what gave you this brilliant topic this week. I like a good challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbarella was trapped in an orgasmatron. If she'd had to listen to an organon at the same time, it might have been all too much for the poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we so need people like you with such active searching imaginative minds to take us on adventures we never imagined! i have never heard of an organon - could it have been an early organ but then, harmonicas, hand organs and monkeys etc etc it goes on! ok maybe i better watch the video.

    does this comment qualify me for one of your hearts? and i would settle for a piece of that flowery wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. vandaag zat er een heel bijzondere omslag in de bus! bedankt, bedankt, bedankt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heavy duty! You have turned my brain into organic mush.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now my head is a little fuzzy after all that. Very interesting, and also great to see Kate Bush again and hear more about the words behind the song. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mooi proces! Ik ben benieuwd wat er allemaal nog uit gaat groeien :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flow of that whole post feels organic! I love reading it with Kate Bush playing in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That video...you are the second person to send that to me this year. What a wild one! Thanks for the idea for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. there's so much here. i read it once and had to come back to read it again before i commented. somehow, it feels like one that i should let simmer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Momma, how did I miss this post and quite a few chaps too!! ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant post!! learned something, enjoyed the wonderful clip( always loved Kate Bush). xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for the theme! love your post!

    ReplyDelete