notebook (111-2) {vintage wallpaper musings}

"i doubt it i will open it. mother slid it to me, but i think it was the cruellest thing. its presence sets my mind off. i prefer the late afternoon haze to anything else that would lessen my soothing wódka state.
of course now, i think of angela, how could i not, she chose the wallpaper. not consciously. she just hollered at all the other patterns. when they took angela away, i turned my back to the walls forever, prefered the ceiling. mother persisted, put the flowered paper up. i have hated it since.
and now the notebook. notes on angela.
on the night stand my half empty glass wavers."
woolf, 19/01/11

5 comments :

  1. Wallpaper I always say you better love it because your committed I say have another glass! I'll join you I have to help Phil rip wallpaper down this week...teacups. I'm sure back in the 70's they were the hot new look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again, I just read your comment You are soo funny....Poor baby! I give you a wodka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize it! wallpaper telling its tales. Making those hours of peeling less 'a work that has to be done' and more a journey through layers of different voices. Oh where would one be without a little imagination ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little "musings." I think this one might be my favorite.

    "when they took angela away, i turned my back to the walls forever, prefered the ceiling."

    ReplyDelete