what i saw

if i were to tell you that on yesterday's thrifting thrall i gathered a (made in england) condiments stand in aqua blue, a seventies ochre yellow hourglass shaped ceramic salt shaker, three tiny etuis for pens, a mirror and teeny weeny non pareil stuff (such as earplugs, perhaps?), 12 balls of faded colours yarn, a valentine illustrated mug, a kitchen filet knife, a robust steel vintage cellotape dispenser in speckled aqua blue, an off white ceramic fish mould (see header), and thirteen vintage books, then i am asking a lot of your imagination, ain't i? all of the above is true.

but what did make my heart beat fast like a steamtrain on full speed, what made my head spin with joy, what really stopped my breath instantaneously, was

a 1962 booklet on learning young children how to write the alphabet, by THE LADYBIRD. when before someone else out there showed such a find, i was convinced i would never thrift anything valuable as that. and now it has happened, can cross that one of my list.

what to do with it? oh, so many ideas have already crossed my mind, cutting it up definitely not one of them. sophie's flea market finds now open. 

oh, and hello? tonight the draw of the valentine heart winnerz. son is warming his hands as we speak. keep your eyes peeled and your heart open, i'd suggest. (you may even still enter - giveaway closes at 6 pm CET - getting confused? no worries, me too!)

15 comments :

  1. Lucky, the book is such a lucky find. I would really love to see the aqua condiments stand....hint hint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a gorgeous , gorgeous book, so glad you are not going to cut it, but I am intreiged as to what you might do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, this is the sort of thing that leads me to walk in to the op shop even though I don't really "need" anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. my head's reeling..i'm in LOVE with your darling little ABC book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HAD that exact book when I was little. Love how the images take me straight back to being five. Actually that feeling has inspired me to collect vintage Ladybirds. I have the complete Well Loved Tales series (fairytales) and more! Nice find!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total score I love books like this...love them!
    Pick me pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a super cute book. I can't believe all the treasures you found thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love ladybird books, wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That book is fantastic. I love how the casement window screams "1962!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hip, hooray, well done, I'd be still smiling from then to now ;) Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wondrous find! I especially like "a" for apple : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why no photos of the intriguing finds listed up top?
    Even one group shot would slake the thirster-after-thrifting-knowledge!
    thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do I remember that book oh yes I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dont do anything to it!!!!! Just enjoy it as is ;)

    ReplyDelete