in the papers today {renov # 15}



i had to pluck my courage up. you don't wanna know how good a briber i am. but if it means getting things done, i'm all for it. now, the morning started with stalling, until i shook myself back into consciousness. i started my sis-in-law's steammachine, waited for it to gurgle, and off i went. and can i say? i had such fun, because


all sorts came outta woodwork! all dusted and done i can offer you this, 


pretty quick my windows got all steamed up!


do you remember the butterfly prints from when we were all in primary school, kindergarten even? 


i pulled at wall paper and this vintage colour came off, double sided... such a treat! 


would you look at the hasard of this? two hearts together? this must be a sign!  bord&butik will agree... ☻


on this one i need your imagination... do you remember whistler's mother? if not by bean, then perhaps from its original? i lay flat on my stomach to shoot this one. squint through your 'lashes, try and find her, she's there (with alot of imagination i agree, but if you see what i mean, i was reminded of a lady in white, sitting patiently waiting on a stool, probably for me to finish)! 


so this is how i kept my steamy saturday interesting! now, roll on for distraction, sherlock! ☻more thrifting going on over at sophie's!

15 comments :

  1. WooHoo,,,you did find treasures, my f ~i~ r ~end! I love that wall paper. Wish I had been there...I love to do work like that! Those hearts are amazingly a sign!
    Steam on Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet discoveries, moving from dickens to something in a shade of proust?!!
    I always had and still do a fascination for wallpaper.
    Great finds really, and I love how you are twisting and turning up such treasures...
    a great sunday to you+♡❥❥♡(magically the hearts turned on their sides, hope they appear on your screen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Steamy - was expecting an "R" rating! Can you use the wallpapers? Hhmmm - lots of possibilities methinks - happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh what a very special find indeed!! love wallpaper cant wait to use it one day : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, that was an unexpected find! Vintage wallpaper has so many stories, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a post- great stuff!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! thank goodness you persisted otherwise these treasures would have remained hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely wallpapers showing so much history...better thsn we get here. At first i thought they were lino, the paper is so thick! Can they be made into artworks?

    ReplyDelete
  9. layers of wall papers tell about lives, years passing by. they make me nostalgic...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, it's done. "Renov" is an art! I love your photos! (and the words...).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your so Sweet...I have been sick for a few days and my heart skipped a beat with your hearts and there you are working so hard we could have made quite a party out of steaming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh,wat een mooi behang. Behang met een verleden..prachtig! Je eerste foto vind ik ook heel mooi..het heeft iets eenzaams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, if only the walls could talk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see there's still lots of interesting work to do in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. dat soort sporen terug vinden is wel echt een ontdekkingstocht

    ReplyDelete