the lazy kitchen

i've said it before, at the likely risk of sounding like a broken record, i'll say it again : cooking in a non existent kitchen qualifies under BKD (borderline kichenatic disorder). which is why i need to do good with every given moment. 

bell found an incredibly yummy meringue heart the other day, which has ended up, no debate, in an instant nigella pavlova. perfect excuse to bury my face in a gigantic dollop of whipped cream (having some in the fridge would be a fine thing). 

i had to make do with storebought straciatella yoghurt, scattered with coral meringue crumbs and a minority of fiery red pomegranate on top. you don't need a recipe for this now, do you?

11 comments :

  1. crumbled meringue over yogurt. how wonderful! valentines is souffle night in our house, so egg whites figure strongly in our future.

    here's wishing for the swift return of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! For someone with BKD, you make a very NON-dysfunctional dessert! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still without a kitchen? At what stage of re/construction is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM YUM YUM!

    I totally understand! We're still without a kitchen too .... have been making do with a kettle near the front door, a toaster in the bathroom and an electric wok outside, since early October (and probably won't have our kitchen for another few months). But we're lucky I guess because it's summer here and we can sit outside to eat and talk ...

    I hope you get your kitchen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay the meringue just may get me to acknowledge the existence of Valentines day which I try to ignore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe you can make such luscious food that you don't need a kitchen. I just can't stop looking at that photo!Mmmmmm♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tasted my first meringue cake with pomegranate just few days ago ... so delicious

    ReplyDelete