corner view ≈ a positive thought for bad moments

the quote being a little on the biblical side, i find scriptural sayings often explanatory and clarifying. my late ants alice and marie were biblical ladies. in my infantile perception, i realize today they applied a language only a little short of speaking in tongues. which in itself is a phenomenon i've been fascinated by since talking heads' marvelous 1983 album. i'm deviating.

i usually prefer pragmatic solutions to stuff i don't always get straightaway. in a life in which i didn't even know the meaning of the word pragmatic up to a few years ago, i dare now safely utter i find mathematics foremostly a philosophy. and swimming in the pond, besides training, rather classifies under natural sciences, and then some. cooking is relaxing (if this is your case) and noise delivers peace. right?
 
it's a toughy. i've been thinking about collecting, since my attention got caught by a magazine article, in which collecting was considered an eligible excuse for trying to save time, perhaps even stopping time. in a bottle e.g., or in a shallow dish. i'm off again, in the  opposite direction. 
all this to say, in dire times, i wishfully think, this too shall pass. this week's sensible theme a positive thought for bad moments, chosen by ibabe, on jane's corner view, hosted by fuoriborgo.


18 comments :

  1. Excellent post for us, Kers...I would say very timely, no? My mom always said 'This too shall pass' not a particularly religious woman but the phrase always was spot on. Interesting how collecting is a subconscious way to save time or stopping time..I can see this perfectly clear! good job, Kers my dearest!3♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep the three! Wow! I like this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and your "biblical" references :)

    and i could never have math as a philosophy (although i really did like my algebra class in eighth grade ;)

    but seriously, i do deliberately think, sometimes, when bad things are happening, that they will pass, eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dank je voor dit inzicht op uitzicht

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true... everything goes bye bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same phrase, but whew, you ran with it! I tried to keep up! I'm with Leslie about math as a philosophy. For me, it was and is a modern torture method. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dat is een van mijn favorieten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm biblical is this why we clicked..hehe
    Loved the sayings!
    I hope your having a great week full of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've been quiet here this week, nadine - this too shall pass? I miss my elders who found truth and wisdom in the truth and wisdom of the bible - I too often don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just made me realise my flat must be a time vacuum! Maybe this is why some people don't believe my real age - haha!

    Best post to bypass bad moments!

    P.S.: Yes, well spotted, my dear, it's indeed the castle of a Belgian aristocratic family! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post nadine and as often from you, more here than meets the eye. tho i obviously found the same philosophy via buddhist/hindu inspired rock n rollers!

    finally, funnily and fair comment, sometimes we ARE saying this as much wishfully as wistfully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In mijn bijbeltje over Filosofie door de eeuwen heen, lees ik ook wel over de stoïcijnen. Die grondhouding heeft wel iets weg van "This too shall pass", vind je niet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh, I had that quote in mind too for this weeks cv.
    Btw, I like your deviating :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great how you did this!!
    i just read at the blog from Beth the same words today...so i will take them with me now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your are so right. :) Great post:).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, like others said,
    it's great,
    You sure know how to
    communicate!

    (sorry that my visit's late)

    the word in green's "amene"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was always taken with Scarlett O'Hara's saying, "Tomorrow is another day."

    And of course, from the movie Elizabethtown - "If it wasn't this, it would be something else."

    ReplyDelete