corner view ≈ looking up

with this abundant sunshine at spring season kickoff, how can one not gaze up at wavering buildings and the kingfisher blue sky? i cannot resist its call. work days, you'll find me longing for 5pm. on days off i'll lazily hang on steps in back, brimming.


i didn't know anything about the weather back in december when i bought my cheap day return ticket for london. so. excited and expectant for sunshine i felt myself flying over railway tracks and zapping down the channel waters.
sprightly was my morning step at st pancras to get a good start to the day, hugging a few intentions in my side pocket. the mere thought of changing those around before lunchtime made me sing. 
walking around chelsea however the anthropologie shop disappointed. moreover the skies were unmistakingly grey and there was a definite chill in the air.
from the 11 bus upper deck window seat i looked up and down, driving into liverpool street. yes, i noticed the world go by and cheered some. big ben passed under my finger tips, meeting up with miss paradis for lunch on a trafalgar side street was a treat. 
and for tea. i had a chinese filled rice ball (thxs, miss) and a funny old chinwag with john singer sargent in the npg. the exhibition was too crowded, but i spotted a few treasures, a.o. sargent's very well known carnation, lily, lily rose. what a spring feeling, looking up, looking down...  jane's corner view, francesca's hosting, dorte's theme. 

16 comments :

  1. i always to look up too, so much to discover!!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful walk!!! Thanks! Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking up when I'm wandering through woods or exploring a city. So much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you were able to visit and look at the gorgeous weather you were greated with! Lucky you! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos and the description, "kingfisher blue sky." Fabulous!

    p.s. Where are you and the VW van? I've been sitting in my driveway with and empty wine glass for days now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You met Miss Paradis? Oh nice!!!
    I always like to see pictures of London (with red details) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. there was a definite snap in the air......despite the sun. so deceiving, but altogether gorgeous.
    Enjoy your time in this city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drink up and empty some bottles to get through customs! I'm still sitting outside waiting and it's supposed to rain tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i cannot imagine how anthropologie could disappoint!! how so? i'm dying to go to one of their stores one day! i envy your ability to spend a day in london (and meet with friends for lunch!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, I guess you had a really fun and exciting day in London! Looks so intruiging - that was a good idea to on this trip!
    xo barbara bee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great alternative view on St-Pauls, a place I know well, up until September, I had a flat I could use, just across the road. I looked a bit deeper into who you might be, and I discovered that we were built in the same year.
    Are you family of Jean-Marie? I saw a badminton shuttle somewhere on one of your blogs, I'm president of the badminton club in Oostende.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Nadeschda,
    I have seen your show on flicker and was really impressed. These photos here are delicious, too! How Hamburg will look through your beautiful eyes, I wonder ;-)

    xo Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a nice trip to make ... and lunch with a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed this corner view but I do love yours and that first photo! I also can see a bit of Detroit in that one building :) What a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did you get that wavering shot, Kers? You are a genius! I want that skirt and those boots, by the way.

    ReplyDelete