greetings from an unknown belgian village

salvatore adamo, sixties
picture thrifted
contradiction and paradox. from yesterday's sorrow {by the way, amazing and ♥ warming how we share similar thoughts on today's politics throughout the world} to the abstract politics of music. a few months ago i found this gentleman in a thrift shop. could you fall for this kinda guy? i know i could! vaguely smiling, i took adamo home.

salvatore adamo, sixties
picture thrifted
for some reason or other i mixed both adamo and rocco granata up in my head, and therefore paste them here in one post. true, they both are originally italian/popular belgian singers. dj buscemi joined forces with this old nostalgic power, and spruced up renato carosone's oh, sarracino. i hope fuoriborgo's land line opens up to this musical legend, while i wonder what the meaning is of all those belle frasi ... (hint, hint & yes, fran, this one is for you).

10 comments :

  1. I got my groove on this morning thanks Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adamo... my sister and me fallen in love with him... as kids Hahahah!
    Dear Nadine,
    so you don't cycle today at Rachel's?
    What a pity on the one hand but on the other hand you was very busy last week... I have much to look and read here!

    Love,
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhmmmmm he was definitely a handsome boy.
    I'd never heard of him before.Was he belgian?
    I heard of Carosone but because this remix of his Tu Vuò Fà l'Americano that became soo famous two or three years and was on the radio all the time.
    Big kisses, I think I may begin to write your letter this weekend since I found some time in this crazy mess!

    (Mar)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son has the same view on Ralph Fiennes as you do, Kers. But I still love him!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you for introducing me to Adamo. Be still my heart....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nadine - all these names are new to me, and unfortunately my internet connection isn't fast enough to play videos - though local politicians have promised us a proper broadband - but this I fear it's all just "the abstract music of politics":)
    PS if you like, I can always google the text of the song, and let you now what it is about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. Most definetely. I could fall for this kinda guy.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so! do you have plans to be in london next year already?!

    good post about your crazy governmentless state. so similar here in the u.s. these days. you ask valid questions! will have to look into that spanish guy - did not know about him! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something aout him reminds me of Aznavour, a quality to his voice or the type of song...

    ReplyDelete