in debt


imagine a skillful woman embroidering words into time. imagine a young poet rhyming words into delicate stanzas. whether now, or as good as two centuries ago, artists will strive or starve. they will swoon in life, or only posthumously be recognized. fanny brawne loved her john, and facing up to all enemies she did, while KEATS fought for his life, and lost out. even if poetry proofs to be ‘a strain to work out’, it’s worth to follow the butterflies. JANE CAMPION puts yet again her vision to the test and offers us BRIGHT STAR.


‘quiet, but binding’. please, please, please, do not miss. the world can do with a little bit of it. everyday.[this beauty also pays off pretty well in different, impressive versions throughout the film.]

7 comments :

  1. O ja !! Die wil ik zien...mmhh heerlijk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to an art house cinema the other day and saw the trailers for this it was just beautiful to look at *sigh* can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the picture.
    Ok, for the movie... i'll go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, from the strawberry cupcake blogger in Australia... Bright Star was amazing and touched me very deeply (pretty proud of our Aussie lass too...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll look out for it , thank you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Yes! I remember! Yes, the chest stays very cozy where it is...I have put my little poetry books in it and all my little Van Gogh books that will fit and a little pair of wooden shoes...tiny, tiny.. that I picked up somewhere! I don't dare close it for fear it might not open again! Your blog inspires me! My daughter is marrying a wonderful man from Holland at the end of this month and then I will get my creative juices going with your inspiration! Great photography and text!
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, I think this film will make my heart ache!

    ReplyDelete