spatulas and stilettos

nigella's and tessa's of this world, brace up! i've been to the library and i've found me a new bestest friend in the kitchen department : ravinder bhogal. what the girl does and how she does it ... i guess i better get used to high heels too, 'cos this appetizing element is called cook in boots, which does sound daring, non?

the very first recipe i put my hand on in this gastronomic walhalla consists quite simply of (stale) bread, chilli & sugar grilled courgette and mozzarella. three winners, i'm in! [if only for mozzarella replaced by a few crumbs of leftover stilton, and marinated tomatoes instead of fresh ones. it works equally well].

toss those ingredients together, add a splash of olive oil and wine (or other) vinegar, let it all soak a bit, add lettuce and basil before serving. oh. also scatter back pepper generously. thank you miss bhogal. bon appétit!

6 comments :

  1. non nom, that looks so very good to me, sitting here waiting for my bloke to arrive home with takeaway for dinner...hurry up already!
    I never heard of her, going to google her right now. bon apetit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to google her too! that post makes me hungry...
    dear nadine, i see that you read alice munro, i love her!
    ♥♥♥ julia, ha today i take three, need them to handle the up coming day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! Looks delish, will try it and check out her blog too...have a fantastic weekend x

    p.s. I too like to read in the bath while sipping a glass or two...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! I'm on my way to taste ;)
    Bon appétit !

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm with wine and a great movie or company!

    ReplyDelete