vintage finds | when silence says it all

it sits quite visibly on the bookshelf in the thriftshop. i quickly assert the scene. no other takers. i heave it off the high shelf.
the picture book creaks as i open it up, all whilest balancing a handbag and a camera. out tumbles alice. suits me fine. i've just walked a good few miles into the sunny landscape, and i feel a little adventurous myself. i mean. i wouldn't mind falling into a hole right now, for instance. this pop up copy of alice has belonged to a girl called i. i wonder why the heck she got rid of it. here's what i find.


now, was that fun? if you crave for further authenticity, as in, the real moving thing, then do sit down for a comfortable viewing of this restored copy, accompanied by an informative intro by the BFI. swoon, swoon... ☻ sophie's world of wonders, as in flea market finds, here.

21 comments :

  1. Wow!! I adore Alice and Wonderland and that book is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why she got rid of it... I know I wouldn't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh woolf, that is a beautiful book ♥
    I ♥ pop-up books. When I was little I had one of the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II (see I am OLD), and I loved it very much, but alas, it too is gone! I guess my Mum threw it away after I left home..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't visited for a while but wow! this is vintage perfection. Good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are wonderful, what a treat to find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might I say I am a tad bit jealous! What a lovely find, lovely indeed. It is so perfect and delightful. I truly enjoyed the photos you took. Bea-U-tif-ul. <3 <3 Just love it oh so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love it when you come over for a visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just keep going until you get to the end, and then stop. - alice in wonderland

    which road do i take? where do you want to go? i dont know. then it doesn't matter. - cheshire the cat
    * i could go on. i LOVe QUOTing the movie.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vision of Alice (one of my daughters is named Alice ;))

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting, enthralling, action-packed book of Alice! Thank you for taking us along on this adventure with you.
    Amazing graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just found an Alice in Wonderland pop up book, too! But your find is a more beautiful version. I look forward to watching this video when Greta wakes up. It's all about Alice these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh me oh my - straight through the looking glass! What a find!

    and great hand gymnastics too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fabulous book. Big fan of pop-ups here. Be careful if you come across any tiny labelled bottles saying 'drink me'...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats amazing film how did you find it and the illustrations in that book were wonderful...happy Sunday Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful book and the film was fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That book is amazing! Gorgeous photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightfully gorgeous book!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Give me a pop-up book and I become a child again and again, x

    ReplyDelete